Our Support Volunteers assist our beneficiaries by mentoring, providing skills training and support them in gaining work experience and therefore need to have expertise in several (but not necessarily all) of the following areas:
· ADMIN SKILLS – photocopying and distribution, filing, laminating and stationery ordering, stock control.
· IT SKILLS –Excel spreadsheets and calculations, Word, Power point, Access database, Mail-merge, E-mail and the Internet, PC maintenance and repairs
· DATABASE MANAGEMENT - Inputting of data onto database, basic skills to sort, filter and file data.
· INVOICING – Producing and distributing accurate invoices according to procedure available.
· RECEPTION – Answering telephone/making calls as required
· PETTY CASH/EXPENSES/ FINANCIAL MONITORING – Filling out petty cash receipts to an adequate standard and assisting the co-ordinator and finance officer with financial dutiesand distribution of expenses
· BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – Skills for self-employment and business development
· RECORD KEEPING - Update worksheets, work diaries and drop box in order to monitor progress and communicate task completion
· INTERPERSONAL TEAM WORKING – Working alongside other colleagues and professionals, demonstrating effective team working abilities. To contribute to discussion, communicate ideas and be part of business development.
· COMMUNICATION SKILLS – To communicate with people at all levels e.g. Meetings, face to face, telephone, email, and letter.
· ORGANISATIONAL – Working in an organised manner, working to the priorities as set out by the staff member in charge.
· QUALITY STANDARDS – To receive the necessary support from the whole team to work to theoptimum level in terms of quality, accuracy and pace
· CONFIDENTIALITY – Being aware of service user confidentiality and data protection legislation.
· POLICIES & PROCEDURES – to comply with WSS Policies and Procedures
· HEALTH & SAFETY –Awareness of Health and Safety in the workplace and employer/employee responsibilities and perform duties in such a way that the health and safety of self and others is protected.
Currently this role is Working from Home, meeting up in the office for a catch up with the WSS Co-ordinator, Wednesday afternoons
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.