• Liaising with the centre manager regarding any requirements to run the sessions e.g. new material, equipment.
• Setting up the area for the start of the activity and packing away at the end of the session.
• Welcoming the Boomerang bag activity participants at the start of each session.
• Ensuring all participants are guided and supported to ensure any risks/injuries are reduced.
Would suit someone who:
This activity provides Boomerang Bags for the local community which reduces the need for plastic bags so is very good for the environment. A great way to meet and make new friends in the local community.
2 satisfactory references are required
• Good communication.
• Good organisation
• A “hobby” level of using a sewing machine and sewing
Cobham Centre is not currently open but volunteers are welcome to register for this role allowing a start when centre reopens. Time of sessions: Length of sessions are 3 hours which includes setting up and packing away for the session. Time and day of Boomerang Bag activity sessions will depend on the centre, look at the Volunteer Vacancies document for each centre - this is found on their Volunteering Page. Lead Volunteers are required to set up these sessions and pack away at the end, there maybe help but must be prepared to do this with minimal help.
Cobham Centre for the Community
Reigate Sea Cadets
New Haw and Woodham Good Neighbours
Community Workshop & Gardens @ Holme Farm
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.