As a Community Volunteer you will pro-actively raise awareness of the work of Mary’s Meals in your local area, ideally working within a group of Mary’s Meals volunteers. You will help to grow our movement by motivating and inspiring others to support our work to help us feed some of the world’s poorest children. As a valued member of our Mary’s Meals family, you will play an active role in the promotion of our nationwide fundraising campaigns.
As a Community Volunteer you can:
• Help us to share our story - give Mary’s Meals talks to local community organisations, schools, churches and faith groups to raise vital awareness and funds.f
• Organise fundraising events in your local area such as coffee mornings, quizzes, bag packs and bucket collections.
• Promote Mary’s Meals’ fundraising campaigns in your community.
• Help to organise and promote our back-pack collections.
• Distribute and display promotional materials.
• Place collection tins in local community areas
• Host community engagement events such as screening films about Mary’s Meals’ work.
• Help us to generate support from businesses in your local area.
• Encourage local media opportunities.
• Come together as a group with other local volunteers to support each other with this work.
You can speak to your Mary’s Meals contact to discuss which elements of the role would be best suited to you.
Friendly and diplomatic to everyone you meet.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with people at all levels.
Share our vision, mission and values.
Enjoy meeting new people and interacting with others.
Honest and trustworthy.
Confident and willing to act as the face of Mary’s Meals in your local community.
Resilient and flexible - comfortable with independent working.
Self-motivated and capable of motivating others.
Enthusiastic to support.
Whiteley Homes Trust
Tools with a Mission
Surrey Wheels for All
Just Bring Yourself CIC
Camberley and District Men's Shed
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.