We are urgently looking for volunteers in Epsom, Tadworth and Banstead.
Compassionate Neighbours is free, community-led support for people nearing the end of life through age or illness, or who are lonely or socially isolated.
People living with serious, long-term or terminal illness often struggle with loneliness and could do with extra support. Compassionate Neighbours can really make a difference.
They are a network of trained volunteers who are willing to offer their time, companionship and support to people living in their community.
• Flexible around your schedule but ideally 1-2 hours a week
• You are encouraged to attend 4 Compassionate Neighbour development meetings per year
Tasks and activities:
• Offer companionship, emotional support and a listening ear
• Provide practical support such as making a cup of tea or changing a light bulb
• Help people stay connected to their friends, family and the community Guide and assist people to access
services that are likely to be of help to them
• Provide a break for a carer.
What will you gain from volunteering in this role?
• Make a difference to people in your local community
• Meet new people and make new friends
• Learn new skills
• Be part of a wide network of Compassionate Neighbours
• Join a growing social movement in your local community, empowering people to care for themselves and to remain independent for as long as possible.
Training will be held in the hospice and you will need to attend both of those days: Saturday 18th September 9.30am – 3.00pm Saturday 25th September 9.30am – 3.00pm
We are looking for volunteers who can give 1-2 hours of time a week to visit people in their local community.
Surrey Care Trust
Abbeyfield Southern Oaks
Voluntary Support North Surrey
Home Start Elmbridge
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.