The Hope Hub team are looking for a team of Volunteers
to help us collect and deliver donations and supplies for
Service Users who are homeless or in poverty. These vary
tremendously from offers of food to furnishings, from
medical and technical supplies to household appliances
(subject to safety checks).
We would be grateful for Volunteers with any size of vehicle who are willing to collect or deliver items around the Surrey Heath area.
You will be part of a pool of volunteers who are willing to help us on a regular, ad hoc or flexible basis. We are often offered donations of food and clothing, but we also receive offers of much needed furniture or a washing machine. It is therefore incredibly helpful to know we have enough volunteers to meet the need at different times, including pairs or teams of Volunteers who can move the heavier items safely.
Key Tasks – depending on availability, strength and interest:
• Follow our introductory/induction programme to understand the diversity of Service Users needs and to offer support.
• Agree that your contact details can be added to our data base, solely for these purposes, so that we know when and how to contact you.
• Collect or deliver required items to the specified location, within the timeframe when one has been agreed.
• Leave the community location promptly showing the utmost respect to all concerned.
• Keep THH updated once the delivery has been made
• A clean driving licence and your own vehicle.
• Vehicle insurance cover for these purposes.
Flexible and ad hoc. During the day, evenings or weekends at times to suit you or to fit with another service.
The Hope Hub Building (Rear of Library)
Claygate Youth and Community Hub
My Time for Young Carers
Home-Start Surrey Heath
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.