Can you spot the hidden treasures amongst the donated items?
We are looking for volunteers to sort textiles, books, CD/DVD’s, electricals and bric-a-brac from donation drive thru and shops overflow.
This volunteer role is short term and will be based in Princess Alice Hospice Walton Furniture Shop
Shop will stay closed.
All our volunteers receive on-the-job training and ongoing support, as well as further training and development opportunities.
When volunteering with us we will ensure that everyone follows the guidance from the government to keep you and others safe.
Tasks and activities
• To assist in organising and cleaning the books, CD/DVD’s, electricals and bric-a-brac in the shop, ready to re-distribute to the shops or back to the Distribution Centre or storage facility.
• To assist in sorting through the clothing stock and organise into seasons, and bag any unsaleable stock ready for the rag merchant.
• To assist with the moving and handling of sometimes bulky stock.
• To assist in keeping the shop premises clean and tidy.
• To positively contribute to team working in the shop.
• To apply the Princess Alice Hospice Health and Safety Policy and procedures.
• To assist in selecting items to be listed on EBay.
• Enjoy working as part of a team
• An eye and enthusiasm and ability to identify high value/collectable items that can be sold through online channels.
• Good communication skills
• Security conscious
• Must be able to cope with the physical demands of the role, may include some lifting and standing
• A commitment to our values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence.
Ideally you will commit to at least one 4-hour shift per week. There will be at least 10 shifts available. This is a short-term opportunity for approx. 4-6 weeks.
Princess Alice Hospice Walton Furniture Shop
St Clements House, Church Street,
Walton on Thames
First Community Health and Care
The College of St. Barnabas
Fara Charity Shops
Tandridge Club for the Visually Impaired
Staines COVID-19 Mutual Aid
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.