Crohn’s and Colitis UK have teams of volunteers based around the country raising awareness of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Lead our local team of volunteers who actively plan and deliver events in the local community to promote our presence and bring people together locally. These events include:
- organising education and information sessions, social
- editing newsletters
- managing social media pages
What the role involves:
- Bring the team together to plan and deliver local activity
- Encourage new ideas and positive ways to raise awareness and make a big impact in the local area
- Support the team in building good relationships in the local community, including health professionals
This is a regular role that is really flexible - the team decide how often they meet and when they organise local activity. Most activities take place during evenings and weekends but there are opportunities during the day too! The team usually arrange 5-10 events throughout the year and spend time planning and promoting these events in between team meetings.
Why get involved?
This is a great opportunity to be involved in your local community, enhance and learn new skills such as leadership and event management, be part of a fun and compassionate team and learn about the work of an ambitious national health charity.
We’re looking for volunteers who can commit to at least 12 hours a month during evenings and weekends (we also have opportunities during the day). The role is really flexible. There are no set days or times, so you can organise your voluntary activities around your own commitments.
A variety of skills and experiences are welcome - you can bring your expertise and interests to the team. We like:
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good at delegating and motivating others
- A willingness to travel within the local area to attend meetings and events – this can be within your own local community or across the whole area
The Musical Museum
Dorking Good Neighbours
Basingstoke Canal Society
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.