We are looking for a Fundraising Coordinator to help us bring in income to Mid Surrey Community Fridges from grant making organisations according to the agreed revenue budget and to help to shape our strategies for income generation and growth
Our aim is to stop food waste and to redistribute the excess food from supermarkets, restaurants, cafes and suppliers to residents so the food is not wasted. We prioritise those most in need, but anyone can have the food for free from one of our community fridge locations or our van deliveries.
The key duties of the Fundraiser Coordinator are:
● Research and build a thorough understanding of the social, political, environmental and economic context of UK community fridges
● Develop and submit persuasive funding proposals to secure both core and project income, individually tailored to each grant-making body;
● Establish, maintain and develop personalised relationships with key personnel in funding organisations;
● Produce grant monitoring reports on our progress to grant making bodies
● Write marketing copy to publicise our fundraising activity
● Work with the fundraising director to proactively identify fundraising opportunities
● Maintain our grant-making body funding pipeline (our central funding tracker spreadsheet), regularly reviewing pipeline in line with funding requirements, needs and priorities; and promptly registering prospects and opportunities as they are identified
● Identification of projects and priorities for funding in liaison with operational colleagues and developing these into compelling projects for funders.
● Reporting monthly to the MSCF Board on progress against agreed budgets and targets.
You will receive training
and coaching support from the Fundraising Director and training
and development to undertake the role
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Interest in community building, reducing food waste and the relief of food poverty
● General business awareness
● Ability to organise your time to achieve deadlines.on your own initiative,
● Ability to write compelling and innovative bids and funding reports.
● Ability to find pragmatic solutions, seek improvements and adapt to changing situations.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences.
● Production of reports on current and potential income and opportunities.
● Excellent organisation and administrative skills.
● Basic IT skills, ability to use Zoom etc
Flexible to suit the volunteer an average of 8 hours per week. Working from Home
Long Ditton Youth Club
The Gatton Trust
7th Camberley Scout Group
Queen Elizabeth's Foundation
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.