We are looking for a volunteer experienced in IT to
- general ICT support for a
- help staff and volunteers with day to day IT
issues, for example, trouble logging on to their computer, connecting to
wi-fi, finding files
- deliver one to one or group training about
using particular software, such as Microsoft spreadsheets or Google
- write instructions about how to do basic IT
tasks to help volunteers and staff
- help update the local Citizens Advice website
- advise on ICT purchases
- setup new Windows 10 laptops, desktops and
- Troubleshooting when ICT issues occur
- Liaise with our IT support
organisation when necessary
What’s in it for you?
- build on and develop skills, in particular IT
- have a positive impact on someone else’s
experience of volunteering with the local Citizens Advice
- meet people and build relationships with other
- contribute to the smooth running of the advice
service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives
- increase your employability
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
What skills do I need?
You don’t need specific qualifications
but you’ll need to have:
skills and the ability to work out things
- a good knowledge of ICT including Windows 10
administration, office software, networks, security and data protection.
- experience and/or knowledge of corporate IT technical support, e.g.
Active Directory, group policies, cyber security, etc.
- be friendly, patient and approachable
- respect views, values and cultures that are
different to your own
- have good verbal and written communication
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims,
principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- have a can-do approach balanced with sound judgement
- be willing to undertake
training in your role on the work of Citizens Advice.
How much time do you need to
We can be flexible about the time
spent and how often you volunteer but you will need to be available during
normal office hours in order to access our system and equipment.
- Employment, Education and Training
- IT and Websites
- Teaching, Training and Coaching
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer so come and talk to us.
Surrey Heath House
More Opportunities from Citizens Advice Surrey Heath
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.