Welcoming centre members and members of the public to the Shed,
Opening the Shed at designated times,
Knowledge of woodworking tools and techniques and supervising others in the use of these where necessary
Pricing and keeping records of commissions and liaising with any third party who wishes to commission work in the Shed,
Liaising with the Centre Manager on ordering new stock,
There may be other tasks within this role that may be required from time to time that are not included in the above. The Link Coordinator will ensure the volunteer understands the task and will provide support and supervision if required.
Would suit someone who:
• Enjoys working with tools and wood
• Enjoys meeting and working with people
• Has an outgoing and sociable personality
• Is organised
• Wants to support their local community
• Is able to stand on their feet during the session
• Increase their experience and improve their employability
• Can meet deadlines (for commissions)
This opportunity is a great way to meet and make new friends in the local community.
Cobham Centre is not currently open but volunteers are welcome to register for this role allowing a start when centre reopens.
Length of sessions are 2 to 3 hours.
Sessions run on Monday and Thursday
We need a schedule of volunteers at least one week in advance. We can offer regular slots on the rota or an on-call rota.
Cobham Centre for the Community Oakdene Road Cobham Surrey KT11 2LY