An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic individual to work with a team of people to provide outstanding early education for children aged 2.5 – 4 years.
· The public face of the committee, the Chairperson is expected to represent the group in an official capacity at public events and open meetings.
· Chairs all committee meetings and ensure that these meetings run effectively.
o If the Chair is unable to attend a meeting, it is their responsibility to find a volunteer replacement.
· Ensures that the committee operates to its constitution.
· Ensures a quorum of members attend meetings so that proposals can be discussed and voted on and decisions made.
· Presents a report at the AGM.
· Has an overview of the setting’s:
o Business & employment practices.
o Responsibilities to Ofsted.
o Financial position.
· Ensures that staff line management regularly occurs. Line management may be delegated.
· Is responsible for recruitment of staff (with support from other members & leader).
· Supports the treasurer and secretary and ensures they are managing their roles and responsibilities.
· Makes quick decisions in the event of a crisis. You must try to canvass the opinion of as many of the committee as reasonably possible before making a decision if it is essential that a decision be made before the next committee meeting.
· Acts democratically and not as a dictator.
Previous experience or knowledge of early
years/education sector an advantage. Good communication skills and organisation
No set parameters – attend meetings, respond to emails when possible. Keep in regular contact with preschool manager to support running of the preschool.
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.