Do you love clothing, fashion, unusual household items and enjoy talking to people? We are looking for regular volunteers for our Pretty & Preloved boutique, currently based at Byfleet Village Hall.
You will need to be friendly, have a positive attitude and a great team player. We are a friendly bunch and are passionate about people. Ideally you will be able to commit to regular hours, anything from 3 per week. You will help us at the very beginning of what we believe to be an exciting long standing offering within the village. You will receive relevant training and support from our team and you may also want to help us plan, develop and continue to excel at what we do. The role is full of variety and you really will help to make a difference to the lives of children and young people locally.
You will help us raise much needed funds for a small local charity, while helping us give our customers a great shopping experience, fabulous quality preloved items in a clean and friendly retail shop.
The local charity is called The Matthew Hackney Foundation (www,thematthewhackneyfoundation.co.uk) who say “Our vision is to help children and young people with their mental well-being and resilience, so they have the best possible chances to be the strong, resilient, independent and thriving adults that they and our society deserves. We provide counselling support, for all children and young people who would not normally have access to the help they need. We currently work within Surrey.”
· To assist and serve customers, providing a service of the highest standard.
· To assist with processing stock, including sorting, steaming, pricing and hanging of donated items.
· To assist with dressing the shop to maximise customer experience and sales
· To assist with listing items online for sale and packaging items that have sold
· To be involved with the till operation and the handling of cash (although this is not a necessary requirement).
· To promote public understanding of the work The Matthew Hackney Foundation delivers and the importance of raising funds through the shop.
· To promote and apply our Health and Safety Policy.
Minimum of 3 hours on a weekly or fortnightly basis between 10am and 4pm
Suite 3, Byfleet Village Hall
54 High Road
Relate Mid Surrey
Barnardo's Charity Retail Charity Shops
Home-Start East Surrey
Home Start Epsom, Ewell & Banstead
MHA Communities East Surrey
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.