We are urgently looking for Volunteers in our Addlestone, Chertsey and Weybridge shops. Our volunteers help with serving customers, sorting and pricing goods, making displays, and other roles. If you have a few hours, a half day or a whole day that you could spend with us we would love to hear from you. The role is great fun and you will be working in a very supportive and inclusive team.
Time commitment Ideally you will commit to at least one 4 hour shift per week
Tasks and activities
• To assist and serve customers, providing a high standard of customer service
• To help promote Gift Aiding of donated goods with shop donors
• To help with stock processing, including sorting, steaming, cleaning, pricing and hanging of donated goods • To assist with the moving and handling of sometimes bulky stock • To be involved in cash handling and accurate operation of the till • To actively sell Hospice lottery tickets when on the till
• To assist in keeping the shop premises clean and tidy
• To positively contribute to team working in the shop
• To promote the public understanding of the work of Princess Alice Hospice and the importance of raising funds through the shop
• To apply the Princess Alice Hospice Health and Safety Policy
• To adhere to all procedures in the Shop Operations Manual
Our staff, our patients and our community all benefit from the support of our fantastic volunteers. But what do you get out of it? Firstly, all our volunteers find the experience extremely rewarding. They meet some amazing people and get a real buzz knowing they’re making a big difference.
But there are lots of other reasons too:
• You’ll learn new skills which could help you in your role and in everyday life.
• We’ll give you full training and support in your role.
• You’ll be a much valued part of our team – and have a say in how we’re run.
• You’ll hear about career opportunities within Princess Alice Hospice.
• You’ll have fun and make new friends!
• You’ll gain practical work experience, to help land your first job or a place at university.
• Enjoy working as part of a team
• Enjoy working with the public and in a public place
• An eye and enthusiasm for tidiness and order and attention to detail
• Possess or would like to develop strong customer care skills
• Good communication skills
• Confident and accurate in cash handling
• Possess or would like to develop display and merchandising skills
• Security conscious • Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Must be able to cope with the physical demands of the job
• A commitment to our values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence.
Minimum of 4 hrs shift per week, various shifts available and your regular shift will be agreed with Shop Manager
St John's Church - The Kitchen
The Merstham Mix Cafe
Walton on Thames Charity
Lightwater & Windlesham Girlguiding
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.