The main task of the Storehouse Manager is to organise the donated stock coming in to and out of the foodbank store so that our distribution centres at Esher Green Baptist Church and St Peter's, West Molesey can supply our clients with food and other items.
Time Commitment: 6 - 8 hours per week
· Organise the storage of all stock in the main storehouse to ensure the Esher and Molesey distribution centres can supply clients with food and other items as required
· Organise the collection of stock from local supermarkets
· Check, weigh in and record incoming stock from supermarket collections and other donated items
· Sort incoming stock by date and type, removing any items that are damaged or out-of-date
· Ensure that stock is rotated as required
· Notify the foodbank coordinator when stocks of items are low so that appeals can be made for these items
· Redistribute surplus stock as required
· Undertake an annual stock take
· Keep storehouse clean and tidy, checking for evidence of pests and notifying the foodbank coordinator if there are any concerns
· Report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to the foodbank coordinator
· Ensure that all Trussell Trust warehousing procedures and processes are followed as per the foodbank operating manual
Please note: The role requires a certain amount of heavy lifting and carrying of crates of stock.
We are looking for someone who has good organisational and logistical skills.
There is some lifting and moving of crates involved (manual lifting training provided) so volunteers should be physically fit. The volunteer will be part of a team managed by our part-time coordinator but the role may involve some lone working.
The foodbank store is located at Esher Green Baptist Church, 6 Park Road, Esher KT10 8NP. The role may require transporting crates of stock from our supermarket collection points (currently Waitrose in Esher and Tesco's in Hurst Park, West Molesey) to our distribution centre. Travel expenses may be claimed if required.
c/o Esher Green Baptist Church
6 Park Road
Dorking Good Neighbours
Buckinghamshire and Surrey Trading Standards
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.