We provide meaningful, age appropriate activity workshops and 1:1 support to those with young onset dementia. Workshops provided will likely include activities such as cycling, running, katakanuing, art, walking, gardening, furniture restoration and drama. We are continually adding to our range of workshops to meet the interests of those with young onset dementia. Our 1:1 support is tailored to the interests of the individual and can for example include shopping, bowling, swimming or dog walking. We also provide carers support groups and an education course to those with young onset dementia and their family and carers.
By joining the YPWD Surrey Heath Volunteer Team you will have many opportunities to contribute, regardless of location, age, experience or ability, and be a valuable part of the local community. Your involvement will be of great value to us, whether it is one hour, one day or a more regular commitment.
Volunteering opportunities include the following:
1. Workshops – volunteer to help run our workshops by providing group or 1:1 support in activities.
2. Fundraising – undertake a physical challenge, hold a pamper evening or promote our on-line fundraising tools.
3. Sporting and challenge events – we need cheerleaders at events so our fundraisers get the support that they deserve when undertaking their challenges.
4. Events – how about doing a bucket collection, signing people in or selling raffle tickets at our events.
We want to ensure that you enjoy your role and get the most out volunteering with us. As part of our commitment to you therefore we will:
· Treat you with respect, consideration and appreciation.
· Ensure you have a clear understanding of your responsibilities, including the length of time you are volunteering for
· Give you information about training and support available to assist you in carrying out your role
· Offer you fair, honest and timely feedback on your work
· Update you on how your work has made a difference.
· Cover expenses such as mileage & refreshments
Your involvement will be of great value to us, whether it is one hour, one day or a more regular commitment.
Work Stress Solutions
Spelthorne Locality Team
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.