We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who would like to share a short activity or demonstration of their special skill or interest they have with the children in our preschool. This could be cooking, plants, animals, science, nature, music, health, dance, sport, languages – or anything else that would interest small children!
We are a community-based charity pre-school for 2-5years olds. We provide quality early years education and care for families in the local community, by those that really care. We are looking for volunteers who can help support our employed practitioners and further enhance the opportunities available for the children.
Understanding the Wider World is a key part of the Early Years Foundation stage - bringing children into contact with new experiences is an important part of this.
• Choosing appropriate activities to share
• Engaging groups of children with your chosen interest
• Being part of a team, supported by the preschool practitioners, to deliver high-quality play and learning opportunities
• A Smile! • A love for children and your special skills or interest
• Be able to communicate with young children in a fun and inspiring manner, adapting the conversation and learning resources to their personal interests and abilities
• A positive attitude and ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
• Ability to volunteer for 1 hour or more during term time
We would welcome anyone who can spare just an hour or so of their time to share their special interest or skill with the preschool, during pre-school hours, term time only. We would also love to hear from anyone who could volunteer on a regular basis, perhaps an hour so a week, month or term to help develop the interest over time.
Spelthorne Archaeology & Local History Group
National Trust - Chartwell
The Children's Trust
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.