RASASC are looking for a Treasurer with strong financial skills and experience, to join The Trustees (known as the Board of Trustees) who are responsible for providing governance, strategic planning and development of the charity and ensuring that good/best practice is applied in the delivery of its services. This role is unpaid.
• Attend bi-monthly evening meetings, 3rd Tuesday.
• Prepare and present to the Board bi-monthly reports on the Charity’s finances.
• Prepare annual financial plan and present to the RASASC Board.
• Support and advise the Charity on all financial related manners.
• Oversee the work of the Charity’s accountant.
• Support the Charity’s Fundraiser with grant applications.
• Attend AGM and occasional extra meetings at the weekend/evening depending on the charity’s needs/programme.
• Read and approve trustee meeting minutes and documents.
• Respond to emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
• Raise awareness of RASASC, network and be an ambassador for RASASC.
• Participate in and support RASASC events as appropriate.
• Undertake actions agreed at meetings (up to an hour per week).
• Take telephone calls and emails between meetings (up to an hour per week).
• Hold a current UK professional accounting qualification
• Ability to work in and influence a team and contribute to the effective governance and operation of RASASC’s services and activities
• A willingness to devote time and effort to attending and preparing for committee meetings, providing support to the chairperson and co-trustees and representing and supporting the charity as required
• Ability to form constructive working relationships with co-trustees, staff and volunteers within RASASC
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
• Strategic vision • Understanding of general business activities
• Good IT skills (mainly email and word) • Good presentation skills
• Experience of charity committee work (Desirable)
• Serving/working in or with the voluntary, not-for-profit sector (Desirable)
• Knowledge or experience of business and committee procedures (Desirable) .
Understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship or if not aware, willing to learn (Desirable)
This opportunity is available Countywide.
Caterham and District Scouts
Citizens Advice Redhill, Reigate & Banstead
Surrey Heath Show
Buckinghamshire and Surrey Trading Standards
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.