CHEER is a small local charity for older people which has been serving the local community for over 65 years.
We help and support older people who need help with completing the paperwork required to claim the benefits they are entitled to; and we arrange befriending relationships and social events to help older people lead full, dignified and independent lives.
We rely on a dedicated team of staff, trustees and volunteers to deliver these essential and beneficial services. Our current treasurer is standing down and we seek new trustee to take on this role
· Financial capability and experience. Formal qualifications are not required, but may be an advantage
· Some experience of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes is desirable
· The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
· A willingness to participate in discussion and make unpopular recommendations to the board when necessary
· Effective communication skills and willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
· Proficient in the use of IT (e.g. spreadsheets, online regulatory filing, online banking) · Ability to exercise good, independent judgement
· Empathy and a commitment to improving the lives of older people
St John's Church - The Kitchen
Whiteley Homes Trust
Shepperton Horticultural Association
Mole Valley District Council
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.