Mid Surrey Community Fridges are looking for Van Drivers to help them in the fight against food waste.
Their aim is to stop food waste and to redistribute the excess food from supermarkets, restaurants, cafes and suppliers to residents so the food is not wasted.
The van drivers objective is to collect surplus food from donors and deliver them to stops in the community.
. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receive from the Mobile Fridge Manager the day’s delivery and collection schedule and plan an effective route based on the day’s traffic and planned stops
• During the delivery day, be the main on-site contact on behalf of MSCF to co-ordinate and inform the Mobile Fridge volunteer team, making sure that they follow procedures
• supermarket and depot collections and other donors
• delivery stops in the community
• Maintain a safe, considerate and competent standard of driving, observing speed limits and other traffic signs and giving due regard to other road users.
• Maintain appropriate relations with the owners, volunteers, staff and customers at our delivery stops
• Complete the van checklist and safety protocols before departing
• Deal with breakdowns, accidents, faults, breakages and spills as they happen during the day, involving others if required to resolve the issue, and ensuring they are recorded in the vehicle log
• Check and sign delivery and collection notes, resolving discrepancies with donors or escalating to the Mobile Fridge manager as appropriate.
• Report faults to the MCSF Facilities Manager by phone by the end of that day
• Ensure sufficient quantities of fuel have been taken for the day's work.
• Complete the weekly cleaning schedule if driving the vehicle on a Friday
• Keep records of mileage, fuel consumption and other authorised purchases made while on duty.
• Maintain the security of the vehicle and its contents at all times.
• Lift crates of food into and out of the back of the van
• Attend our annual manual handling training
• Ensure donations and expenses are properly recorded
• Maintain the accident and health and safety log book
• Advise the Mobile Fridge Manager of any changes needed to procedures
They will spend a significant part of their time with our customers and suppliers. Therefore, they must be a friendly, polite and welcoming ambassador for Mid Surrey Community Fridges.
Routes and arrangements will change during the day, so the driver must be capable of adapting and ensuring that customers, suppliers and the rest of the team are kept informed with minimum fuss.
A drivers license is essential and candidates must be physically fit.
Driver Hours are 08:45 till 16:00
The Gatton Trust
The Orpheus Centre
Family Voice Surrey
Work Stress Solutions
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.