Making new friends is a great way for residents to stay connected to their communities, but did you know that volunteering has many positive benefits for volunteers too? Volunteering can give people a sense of renewed purpose, an opportunity to learn new skills or simply to reconnect and give back to their community.
To be a volunteer, you must:
• Be a resident of Runnymede over 18 years of age
• Be available for regular, scheduled weekly telephone calls
• Undertake a DBS check with Runnymede Borough Council
• Give details of two people willing to provide a reference
• Be willing to provide feedback to help us monitor the service
• Be willing to undertake training provided
This is a flexible volunteering opportunity that can fit in with the time you have available.
Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead
Citizens Advice Surrey Heath
Sunrise Senior Living
Chertsey & Addlestone Good Neighbours
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.