We are looking for committed, talented and highly experienced tutors, with an empathetic nature, to assist local residents living in the Epsom and Ewell Borough Council area to develop their skills and confidence. The aim is to provide participants with the skills to achieve qualifications for future employment opportunities.
We require individuals who are responsible for supporting English, Mathematics and ICT Functional Skills courses to disadvantaged adults living within the area.
This role also involves providing tutor and mentoring support skills for participants to complete further education and online courses.
Tutor support is required at the Friday workshop and remotely over
the phone and online using platforms such as Zoom.
1. Relevant teaching and/or training qualification, i.e. Level 3 Award in Education &
Training (PTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE, CTLLS, DTLLS) or equivalent.
2. Level 2 qualification in Mathematics, English and ICT.
3. Experience of delivering Functional Skills Maths and English to Level 2.
4. Ability to embrace and develop practical and innovative delivery models for Functional Skills outside of a classroom setting.
5. Ability to adopt industry specific contextualised Functional Skills delivery models.
6. Good ICT skills.
7. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
8. Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic team-worker.
DESIRABLE - Experience of working in a community setting.
Functional skills tutor support is currently required at our appointment only, on-site classroom session which takes place on Friday’s between 12-3pm in central Epsom. The main function of the Epsom & Ewell Skills Hub is to support participants over the phone and with online courses they are undertaking with further education and online colleges. Our skill hub participants need motivational support as well as tutor support in areas such as functional skills, digital and vocational training. Volunteer tutors would need to be flexible contacting participants at least fortnightly and help participants resolve any problem areas they are facing in the course they have undertaken to complete. Basic administrative information is also required tracking student progress on an Excel database. A minimum of 2 hours a week would be required from any prospective volunteer.
Tandridge Voluntary Action
Watts Gallery - Artists' Village
Camberley Alzheimer Cafe
Prison Advice and Care Trust
Cancer Research UK
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.