The role of a Poppy Appeal Organiser is a vital role in raising funds for the Royal British Legion, by organising and conducting the Poppy Appeal in your designated area, working in support and under the guidance of the local Community Fundraiser (CFR)
You will be part of a friendly, committed team of people and have the chance to draw on your experience and skills, or acquire new ones. You will be accountable for carrying out a set of agreed tasks and have access to further personal development opportunities. Should you need it, this will give you valuable experience for future roles, whether as an employee or volunteer. After volunteering for us for a period of time we will be able to give you a reference, should you request one.
In general, for this role we are looking for someone who is reliable, trustworthy, has good organisational abilities, can enthuse and motivate others, delegate tasks where necessary and build and maintain relationships. We would expect you to:
- Have empathy with the Armed Forces community and be committed to the Legion's vision, mission and values;
- Have experience of planning and coordinating materials and people;
- Be confident when dealing with and accounting for money;
- Be able to build productive relationships with others, within and outside TRBL, taking account of their different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing;
- Be a confident and regular user of computers, the internet and email
We aim to make your volunteering with the Legion an enjoyable and rewarding experience. As a Legion volunteer you will be covered by our insurance, (but please note this does not include the use of privately owned motor vehicles) and we will reimburse your travel expenses and other authorised out of pocket expenses.
In order for the role to be rewarding for you and the Legion, we ask that you give a commitment for a regular amount of time preceding and following the Poppy Appeal (normally the last two weeks of October the first two weeks of November).
Waterway Recovery Group
Citizens Advice Redhill, Reigate & Banstead
Basingstoke Canal Society
Helping Hands Good Neighbour Scheme
The Orpheus Centre
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.