The Eikon Charity is a leading Surrey charity supporting children and young people to overcome difficulties, manage their wellbeing and become resilient, enabling them to develop into confident adults who contribute positively to their communities.
We are looking for people with passion and expertise to drive the charity forward and help us continue to be a leading provider of early intervention in Surrey.
Main purpose of Job
To ensure young people in Surrey have better access to information, support and participation through the EikOnline social media accounts.
To be part of a small team (2 digital youth workers and digital lead youthwork moderator, communications officer, and project manager) to develop and deliver social media content.
• To bring a fresh perspective to our social media pages
• To keep up to date with current trends, big news stories and campaigns that matter to young people
• To assist with identifying and promoting campaigns, activities and support services being run by other organisations (both in Surrey and nationally) so that young people can access a range of information and resources
• To work with the team and other Eikon youth workers to create written/visual content for the social media channels related to areas of needs such as mental health, substance misuse, domestic violence, relationships, bullying and education
• To promote the digital offer using social media
• To keep up to date with digital devices and applications available
• Take part in regular one to one and team meetings (following Government Covid-19 guidelines, where appropriate)
• Keep accurate records and provide data and information as required
• Assist with regularly monitoring and reviewing the content created
• To establish appropriate professional boundaries in the online relationships with young people
• To work within Eikon’s internal policies, safeguarding and data protection regulations
Key issues over the next 2-4 months
To work with a small team to:
· grow our existing virtual youth club users
· grow our following and engagement on social media channels
· ensure that we are producing content that really matters to young people in Surrey
We are looking for applicants that have a real passion to support young people who are full of enthusiasm and fun and have a welcoming approach and personality. We also require the candidate to have an interest in technology, internet, social media, digital and ICT development
Eikon is committed to safeguarding and prompting the welfare of young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process.
This role will be subject to an approved Enhanced DBS and Barring Disclosure check.
The Eikon Charity is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity and aims to provide a working environment which is free from unfair discrimination and will enable employees and volunteers to fulfil their personal potential.
Home based Hours: 8 to 10 hours a week, flexible across the week and depending on availability
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.