Surrey Care Trust is a local charity supporting young people (11-18 years) with mild to moderate mental health difficulties who would benefit from one to one support.
As part of a new wellbeing partnership with CAMHS, you could help bring out the best in a young person and improve their wellbeing. As a mentor you will have the opportunity to be a safe, positive role model for a young person who is in need of guidance and support.
Our upcoming training dates for Wellbeing Mentoring are:
• Be aged over 18
• Preferably, hold a valid UK driving license and have access to a vehicle
• Be able to build trust with a mentee
• Have excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
• Be honest, respectful and sensitive
• Have the ability to motivate and enthuse
• Have the ability to empathise
• Be able to work on their own initiative to build the mentoring relationship at the same time as being aware of their own limits and accessing help when required
• Be patient, flexible and reliable
• Put the needs of the mentee in front of own needs to gain results
• Have common sense, resilience and a good sense of humour
• Be willing to accept a challenge and try something different
• Be able to receive guidance and constructive comments, and try new ways of working if necessary
• Good organisational skills
1-2 hours a week, flexible days/times The Wellbeing Mentoring scheme works with young people across Surrey. You will be matched with a mentee in your local area with a maximum of 30 minutes travel (Mileage/travel expenses paid).
Mole Valley District Council
Cobham District Guiding
Home-Start East Surrey
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.