A Youth Advocate role is intended to provide live and online support for the promotion of T2CC project. An advocate will promote to businesses and the community the project. The intention is to increase awareness, encourage referrals and increase the recruitment of suitable volunteers.
1. Be aware of the Project and its intentions
2. Attend coordination meetings with the DoE and T2CC (at this time by Zoom)
3. Carry out activity only with the agreement of the DoE coordinator
4. Not to post items without the consent of T2CC and the DoE coordinator
5. Work with local companies to promote the service using approved publications and leaflets.
6. Request business and community centres display an approved poster/leaflet – supplied by T2CC
7. Suggest digital platforms for T2CC to promote their work
8. Provide online content which T2CC can promote and use
9. Record and report any safeguarding concerns following the agreed procedure.
Youth Advocates also need:
· To be at least 16 years old
· To have access to a phone and internet
· The ability to travel locally to their residence (except internet promotion)
Induction training including safeguarding adults and internet safety is provided
Ongoing support will be provided.
· Excellent communication skills
· Be a patient person
· Good knowledge of technology including mobile devices, applications and settings (although you are certainly not expected to be an expert!)
· An understanding of data protection and safeguarding principles (training will be provided)
Only DofE students
Queen Elizabeth's Foundation
Surrey Care Trust
Citizens Advice Mole Valley
Tandridge Club for the Visually Impaired
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.